Monday, 13 June 2011

Ballerina Bea




Good morning everyone, hope you are all well this drab Monday morning!!  I dont give a hoot what the weather throws out today, my daughter and family are home from holiday today, have missed them so much. 

I made this card for the Wild Orchid Challenge 25 this week, a fab sketch by the uber talented Bev Rochester  I have been an avid fan of Bev's blog ever since I started blogging, her work has been a wonderful inspiration to me and her many followers. If you haven't visited Bev's blog then I suggest you pay her a visit, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!!

The sweet image is of course Teddy Bea Ballerina, isnt she just so gorgeous!!  Pink and girly and just right up my street!  One thing I do like about these images is that they look just as good with no colour added.  I have printed a matching image for the insert of this card, it just finishes it off nicely.  Another first for me with this card is the stitching!  I had a real fear of sewing on card and paper and as my machine is fairly new I was nervous I would damage the thing!  However I bit the bullet and practised on scrap card first, I was quite surprised at how simple but effective it was, now I am hooked!  Made a bit of a mess at the start off corner, but mistakes can usually be covered up so it was a happy accident!  Next I want to try zig-zag stitch, how ambitious am I ...........LOL!!


Recipe for this card:

Image - Teddy Bea Ballerina coloured with Prisma Pencils
Wings and star glittered with Glamour Dust Crystal
Papers - Prima Sparkling Spring & Jack and Jill Celebrations
Leaves - Marianne LR0106
Sentiment - Lili of the Valley
Butterfly from stash

Enjoy the rest of your day, apparently the weather is improving by mid-week and thanks for dropping by.

Hugs,

XXXXXX

25 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Barbara, Such a cutie of a card, I love TB images, they are so sweet, love the colours you used, so soft, she does look gorgeous.....xxxx

Thea said...

Hello Barbara!
So as you say, So sweet! Beautiful card.

Have a nice day,
hugs
Thea

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and lovely image and colours.
Margaaret

Marja Rolfes said...

A totally adorable card!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

jules said...

oh just gorgeous Barbara!!!

Angela said...

What a sweetie!!! Love the colours. The image is real cute. Your first stitching attempt is great!!!
Angela

tilly said...

Beautiful card Barbara, loving the Teddybo/bea.......
hope the family have had a good holiday
Tilly

Juls said...

ooooooooooooh wow!!!! this is such a gorgeous card! so so fabulous and girly!!! Hugs Juls

Claire x said...

This is just beautiful Barbara - love the image and you have coloured it perfectly. Hugs, Claire x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Barbara, wow this is gorgeous, lovely colouring and details, thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Barbara - very sweet. Your stitching looks fab. What sewing machine do you have? xx

Vicky said...

She is stunning Barbara...and so is your colouring hun..!

hugs Vicky xx

Barb said...

This is so sweet! Great colors and sketch.

angelwhispers said...

This is just beautiful just love the image and the colours you have used and wow your stitching looks fab!!! Chanelle x

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

Okay! Now I'm miffed. I've been working on my sewing for months and you do this on your first try? Jealous I am. Your card is fabulous.
Enjoy your family.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a wonderful card Barbara! The image is so cute and your colouring is beautiful.
Hugs Jacqueline

melsanford said...

Awww! Such a cute card! And i love the stitching :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a totally gorgeous card hun, beautiful colouring of this cutie, sue,x

Tab said...

Such a pretty card, Barbara! I love these ballerina bea's....just adorable!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous Card! such a sweet image and beautifully coloured! I love the Teddy Bo/Bea images!

Hugs Sue xx

Zoe said...

She is just gorgeous, glad I stopped by your blog today, never mind Bev R being ubre talented!

dolphinannie said...

Hi Barbara, lovely to meet you last week with Ann. I did the alcohol inks at your craft meeting on Tuesday. Just looked at your blog and i LOVE your work. Looking forward to meeting up again.
Anne (dolphinannie)

dolphinannie said...

Hi Barbara. Was lovely to meet you last Tuesday when i was showing you how to use the alcohol inks at your craft meeting. I LOVE your beautiful cards and look forward to meeting up with you again.
Anne (dolphinannie) xxx

My'scardcorner said...

Cute image lovely colouring making a pretty card.
Myrax

Shirley said...

I am so in love with this!! How adorable!