Saturday 18 October 2008

Update

My husband Don is very slowly improving and considering its only 3 weeks since the accident he has done remarkably well. He is still in Intensive Care but today he had his tracheotomy removed, he has had it in place for 2 weeks so I am sure he will feel better for having that removed. However, today we had some unexpected news from the docs, they told us he is blind in his right eye, which I think I knew in my heart but was hoping it would recover over time. He will be devastated to learn of this when he does waken up fully but its one of those things he is going to have to come to terms with and with our love and support he will be okay. This photo was taken on Katie's wedding day on 9th August with Bethany, one of our 8 granddaughters. Thank you all for your messages of support, cards, emails and prayers.

No comments: