Sunday 2 October 2011

Emma and Flowerpot


Hello everyone, hope you are all well........ hope you all managed to enjoy some of the gorgeous sunshine we have had this week .... looks like its over now though ..... its pouring down here... it was nice while it lasted and so unusual for October.  I am feeling a bit poorly today, have a cold virus and its knocked me for six.... it crept up on me very quickly ..... I was fine in the morning but as the day wore on I began to feel really achy and fluey.... sore throat, headache and runny nose...... yesterday I felt so bad I took myself off to bed for a couple of hours...... very reluctantly as it was glorious sunshine and I wanted to make the most of it but my head felt like it was going to explode.  Today I dont feel much better ..... but have to get on with it... it will go on its own ..... meantime I am dosing myself up with Day and Night Nurse capsules, just hope hubby doesnt catch it.... a man with man flu ...... groan!!!!

This is my DT card for the Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge #75 which is a fab sketch by Maggie. 

The gorgeous paper is from Nitwits Affection Collection 
Image is Emma with Flower Pot by Lili of the Valley, coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment is a digi download from Lili of the Valley
Raffia is from Wild Orchid Crafts
Doily die is Marianne
Leaves are Martha Stewart Punch
Crochet flower made by me! (my first attempt!)

I am entering this card for the Lili of the Valley Challenge # 114 - Button it!
Enjoy the rest of your evening and thanks for dropping by

Hugs

XXXX


10 comments:

Claire said...

This is a gorgeous card Barbara 0 love the image and fabulous colours compliment the gorgeous image. Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good, I have had that viral thing this week, came on Tuesday and have just got the end of it now, but unfortunately my oh has it, but far worse of course! LOL. Get better soon. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Barbara! What a little stunner this is! I hope you feel better soon. xx

Jilli said...

Awww Barbara, just what you need eh?! What a beautiful card though. I love the papers and the adorable image. Great colouring and a pretty die too.

It's just started to spit with rain here, not bothered though cos got all the bed sheet dried outside.

Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself and sending you some healing hugs. Jillix

Vicky said...

So beautiful Barbara...love the image and pretty dp's...and I hope you are feeling a lil' better sweetie...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Uma said...

lovely,great frame round the image

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, what a cute and beautiful card Barbara, great job!
Hugs Jacqueline

June Nelson said...

Hi Barbara I hope you get over your awful cold soon hun, lots of people seem to have it. Your card is beautiful as always take care love and hugs June xxxx

Fleur said...

Hi Barbara, your card really is beautiful. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at LOTV this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

melsanford said...

Oh what a gorgeous card! Those papers are so pretty and I love your crochet flower :-) hope you feel better soon! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

tilly said...

I hope you are feeling better by now.... this is a really cute card and you have done so well with your flower!
Tilly