Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year!!


Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Christmas, we had a very busy Christmas Day & Boxing Day with family, it's lovely to have everyone all together, even though we all live within close proximity its rare we all gather at any one time. Anyhow, just beginning to get my breath back after the festivities when I was pole axed by flu!! Took to my bed on Thursday and I am still there! Its really knocked me for six, never felt so ill, but I think I am on the better side of it now. Whatever it is thats doing the rounds, its nasty, makes you feel so weak and exhausted, don't know if it was swine flu but I certainly had all the symptoms. I hate being ill and very rarely am so for me to take to my bed for this long is so frustrating, but I had no choice. Hubby has been a very good nurse bless him, I have spent the last 2 years looking after him following his car accident and I always worried about how he would cope if I was taken ill but he has managed brilliantly. I just hope he doesnt catch it from me, eek a man with flu, lol!!!

So New Year passed me by in a blur but I would like to wish everyone a very Happy, Peaceful and HEALTHY New Year and look forward to another year of fabulous creations.

I am very honoured to be invited by Jill (Jilli's Paiges) to be Guest Designer for Sketch Saturday for January and this is my card for week 1. The challenge is a fabulous sketch by Jill and the DT have made some lovely creations with it, so hop on over to Sketch Saturday and join in!

For this card I used the lovely Lil of the Valley Hello Cupcake image, coloured with Promarkers with lots of Star Dust Stickles. The paper is BoBunny Gift of Love. Sentiment is LOTV.

Thanks for looking, stay healthy and warm!





No comments: