Monday 23 January 2012

Exploding Box





Hi everyone!!!  I am back...... I know I have neglected my blog for ages now...... feel really guilty about it but the last few weeks have been really busy with one thing and another...... Christmas, New Year, illness and life in general.... so much going on in our lives at the moment and my mojo doing a disappearing act didnt help.... but hopefully I am back on track now!! 

This exploding box I made for my granddaughter Bethany's 18th birthday earlier this month..... didnt realise until I gave it to her though that I had made a boo-boo with her year of birth..... should have been 1994 and not 93 ..... duh!!  Still, I have rectified it since then ...... it had to be right as hopefully it will be a keepsake for a long time to come.  I love making exploding boxes..... its such a delight to see the recipients face when they open it!  I followed a fab tutorial here http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/search/label/Exploding%20Box for the dimensions of the box and the cake........ then I had great fun decorating it ..... the cake was a bit fiddly but worth doing ..........I wanted to make it as girly as possible.......Beth was thrilled with it which made it all worthwhile.

The gorgeous paper is Tilda Papercraft 'Classic'
Flowers are all from Wild Orchid
Sassy stamp is Whimsy Filmstrip Sentiments

Thats it from me today.... a short and sweet post ....... enjoy the rest of your day.... hope your weather if better than we have in Cheshire at the moment, its been a real mixed bag today, rain, sunshine, wind and hailstones!!

Hugs
XXX

16 comments:

Wendy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Barbara, so pretty and girly,fabulous keepsake for your Granddaughter.
Wendy xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Barbara, this is a stunning creation. Such pretty colours and beautifully embellished!
Clairex

angelwhispers said...

What a beautiful keepsake for your Granddaughter just love it and the in side looks gorgeous with all the lovely details! Chanelle xxx

Unknown said...

oh my word this is adorable i love making them too but its been ages and ages and to be honest i cnt remember how!!!thanks for popping in hunnie your cards are always perfection shell love this i know i do hugs sassyx

tilly said...

what a beautiful box and stunning cake lol, no wonder it was loved.... Hope you and especially Don are keeping well
Tilly

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful box, so perfect!
Hugs Jacqueline

Claire said...

WOW Barbara, this is absolutely stunning. Love the colours and all the inner elements and that centre cake is just amazing. Love it. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow this is gorgeous what a beautiful keep sake, lovely detail, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Wow, Barbara!! This is absolutely brilliant! Love it.
xx

Mina said...

theres no way your old enough to have a 18 year old grandaughter Barbara, you must have been married at 3 years old lol...its stunning, I have never made one of these and theres no way I could make one this beautiful, I bet she loved it
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is sogorgeous, beautiful work.
luv
Debby

Naomi Johnson said...

I love this, so beautiful and detailed

Mau xx said...

This is beautiful Barbara, your Grandaughter must have been thrilled with it. I love the pretty girly detail on it. Thanks for the link I will certainly be taking a peek as its something I have only made once and I wasn't happy with mine....so nobody saw it....lol xxxxxx
A belated Happy New year, Good health most of all xxxx Good to have you back

Sazzle said...

Barbara your exploding box is gorgeous, thanks for referencing my tutorial and I'm pleased you had fun making it :-)

I'm currently making one for class that I'm holding at the end of February so watch this space and it'll be appearing on my blog shortly!

xx Happy crafting & glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

melsanford said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely gorgeous. I love how you did the flowers - so pretty! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carolyn said...

wandering around the internet for inspiration and stumbled across your blog, I love this box.