Sunday 6 June 2010

Christening Cards


Matching box


Today the 2 youngest of my grandchildren were baptised, we had a lovely day despite it pouring down with rain first thing this morning. The rain cleared up just in time for us as we were going into church, it was a lovely service and nice to see friends and relatives we don't see often enough.

The image on the pink easel card for Evie is of course from the fabulous Mo Manning coloured with Promarkers. The lace and papers are from my stash and flowers are Wild Orchid. Everything was going really well with this card until it came to an envelope for it! Numpty I am, I completely forgot about the depth of the flowers, so I had to quickly scramble together a box to fit the card in!!

I love making girly cards, especially baby ones, lace, pearls, ribbon, sparkly bits etc... but boy's cards I really do struggle with. As Sam is seven now I wanted to create something quite plain and simple and 'un-girly'!! I thought this image of Edwin was ideal and have to thank my good friend Andrea for this one.

Well where has the lovely hot weather disappeared to?? Typical British weather eh, freezing one week, boiling the next!! Ah well!!

Thanks for looking !!

No comments: