Sunday 25 July 2010

Magnolia Challenge and a Birthday!!




It's ages since I entered a challenge, I am usually kept busy with family birthdays etc, but when I spied the challenge on Just Magnolia this week I decided to combine it with my daughter Caron's 40th birthday card. I try to time my cards with challenges but I don't do very well, I always manage to miss the challenge or miss the birthday! I was on a roll with this card, not sure if I have gone a little over the top with this card but once I started it I couldn't stop! Still, Caron loves bling and sparkle so I am sure she will be happy with it.

I love this cute Tilda - Fairy Dust, she is coloured with Promarkers and she has been cut out with a Nestie oval using the 'out of the nestie' technique. The papers, card, butterfly and heart have been edged with Frayed Burlap DI and glittered with Stickles Gold. The papers are My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus and the lovely flowers are from Wild Orchid., again glittered with Stickles Gold and Star Dust.

The challenge this week at Just Magnolia is Vintage, I think this one qualifies for this challenge.

Thanks for looking, have a great week, hope the sun shines for you wherever you are.

No comments: