Monday 20 June 2011

A card for Nana Nell

 

Flowers close up
 

Good afternoon my lovelies, hope you are all well and enjoyed the sunny weekend.  We had a lovely day yesterday with our family for Father's Day, hubby was totally spoilt as he deserves to be after all he has been through. The weather here in Cheshire today is glorious sunshine, hope it stays awhile, it was good to get out in the garden this morning to mow the lawn and wash the patio furniture, those birdies don't half leave a mess!

Onto my card today and its a commissioned card for an 85 year old lady, when I was asked to make this card I immediately thought 'vintage' and 'shabby chic' and knew exactly how I wanted the card to look, I have to say its not far off how I envisaged it to be, in fact I am quite pleased with the end result.  Tricky bit was taking photos of it, I really struggle to take photos of easel cards, does anyone else have this problem?  I really need to invest in a decent camera too, I always think my photos look a little 'hazy' and not as clear as I would like them to be, so apologies for the poor quality.

The gorgeous image is from Tina's Kreative Blog - Tina has some of the best vintage images I have ever seen, do have a look at Tina's blog if you get the chance.  If you like Shabby Chic, loads of inspiration there.

The papers are from Raspberry Road - Shabby Chic 1 and 2
The tag is Marianne die LR0154
Flowers, pearls and Filigree corner are Wild Orchid
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Seam binding by The Ribbon Girl
Alphabet letters - Tim Holtz Vintage Market
Sentiment - A Day to Remember (Whiff of Joy - I think!)
Lace and net from stash

Hope Nana Nell likes her card as much as I enjoyed making it.

Thats it from me for today, I have another creation to share with you very soon!  Thanks for dropping by today and enjoy the rest of the evening.

 

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh wow stunning card Barbara, so beautiful, Nana Nell will love this
hugs Mandy xx

Shirley said...

She is absolutely lovely! and her embellishments are gorgeous!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Barbara,
This is a gorgeously pretty card. I love the colours and the fabulous embellishments. Beautiful picture. Great card.
Sorry I've been away so long.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card and I'm sure the recipient will love it! I know what you mean about taking photos of easel cards but your pictures look great - taking them from different angles is the best so that you can see all the different bits.

Helen x

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wow this is totally stunning,lovely image, gorgeous papers & embelies, sue,x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card barbara, so pretty.
Hugs Jacee

Juls said...

wow this is so beautifully gorgeous!!!! Hugs Juls

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful card, Barbara, it really is!! Hugs, Marie xx

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so beautiful ! An adorable picture and gorgeous detail too :)

Hugs Jannie

Janette said...

wow Barbara, I think Nana Nell will be more than happy with this, it's really gorgeous, so pretty and that image is just perfect.xx

Knerten said...

This is beautiful Barbara, so soft and delicate colours, and great decor :-)

Tab said...

Beautiful card, Barbara! Love the papers and all the embellies....they image is divine too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Hunnybunny!
This card is super stunning. I think the 85 year old lady will love this. Absolutely gorgeous.

Take care
Rachel and Angela
Rainbow Studio's Clear Craft Stamps
xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Wow stunning this card Barbara. love it very much. Fantastic combination, embellishments and colours. Super.
Gr. Marja

melsanford said...

Awww! Such a pretty card! The papers are beautiful and I love the flowers and the charm :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Oh my goodness! This is shabby chic wonderful. Fabulous card!

June Nelson said...

This is a wonderful card its stunningly beautiful xx

Heather said...

Hi Barbara, hope you're well. Managed to get to you at last, blogger is letting me comment today - Sunday - is he having a day off??
Your card is simply beautiful, such pretty colours and papers, the image is delightful and your embellies just perfect!! Bet Nanna Nell loved it!!
hugs
Heather xx