Sunday 12 June 2011

It's Summer!!



What a horrible, wet and miserable day!  Who would think it was June......... and to top it all its cold as well, I have had to put my heating on today... I was frozen!  My daughters have gone to Manchester today to the 'Take That' gig!!  They will be soaked wet through, its an open air concert!!  Rather them than me, I will wait until its televised and watch it in comfort!!

My card today is my DT contribution for this weeks challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp which is a fab sketch by Lisa.  The gorgeous image is Sugar Nellie 'Summer' from Funky Kits.  She is coloured with Promarkers, I just adore these images, they are a breeze to colour.  Don't know if you can see very clearly on this photo but I followed a fab sky tutorial by Bev Rochester here using Distress Inks.  Its my first attempt with this technique and definately something I would try again.

Papers - Sparkling Spring by Prima.
Roses -Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment - Lili of the Valley
Seam Binding is Pink Tulip - The Ribbon Girl
Bakers Twine - The Ribbon Girl
Charm and Gypsophilia from stash  

I am entering this card into the Addicted to Stamping Challenge, the theme this week is 'Summertime'

Enjoy the rest of your evening and lets hope the weather improves for the coming week.  Thanks for taking the time to drop by!

Hugs,


 xxxxxx

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful image Barbara.Love the soft colours, pretty papers and all the details. Lovely.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun! love the image and your super soft colouring sweetie...

Ah your poor daughter...such a shame about the weather...but I bet she will love it tho'!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

XxJULESxX said...

oh Barbara this card is beautiful!

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful and such pretty colours! Chanelle xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
a beautiful card, awesome colouring, luv this image, beautiful embelies, sue,x

tilly said...

lovely colouring as usual lol and a fab sketch......... our fire has been on all day as well, where did summer go? lol
Tilly

Angela said...

Lovely card Barbara....like the colours very much!!!
xxAngela

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Barbara beautiful. Gorgeous, love the colours and image, Very lovely.
Gr. Marja

coops said...

beautiful card barbara.i love the image and your colours and details are really pretty :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

so soft and summery!!!!! I love it!!! Hugs Juls

melsanford said...

Such a beautiful card! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the papers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Kleine85 said...

An awesome summer card!

Thanks for joining us over at ATSC.

HUgs, Tanja

Shirley said...

Very inspiring and so beautiful too!