Monday 27 June 2011

Katies Book Card






Good evening everyone, hope you all enjoyed the lovely hot weather today but I have to admit it was too hotfor me, just nice now its cooled down a bit.  I know some parts of the UK didnt have any nice sunshine today, the weather map showed it 32 degrees in Kent and only 11 degrees in Lerwick!  How strange and unpredictable our weather is!! 

Well onto my card for today and its a very special card I made for Katie for her 30th birthday at the weekend.   I followed a fab tutorial here by Tina and believe me its not as complicated as it looks ...... I really enjoyed this project, if you haven't already done so, please visit Tina's blog, her work is amazing.

Tilda and butterflies coloured with Distress Inks, edges all distressed with Frayed Burlap
Stempelgede Grunge Collection around image with Versamark Vintage Sepia
Prima 'Sweet Fairy' paper pack
Martha Stewart Punch
Flowers and seam binding by Wild Orchid
Lace and ribbon from stash
Vintage Alphabet by Tim Holtz
Birthday verse found on internet

Apologies for the hundreds of photos but I wanted to capture every angle of the card so you can see it from all sides.

Thats it for me for today, I am off to walk the dog before it chucks it down!!  Thanks for dropping by, enjoy the rest of your evening.


14 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Barbara, wow this is stunning!!!!!!love it

Mau xx said...

This is Beautiful barbara, what a lovely keepsake card it is.
Been slightly cooler today but not much, yesterday was unbearable. I am a cooler person as well 70 to 80 fine ..90's a bit too much xx

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow this is so pretty. I love it all, every little detail ! Super inspiration ! Thanks Kitty
:0)

Vicky said...

Beautiful work Barbara...!

hugs Vicky x

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara
Just to let you know I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award on my blog =)
Hayley x

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi Barbara, this card is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing such a beauty, and also for the link. I must try this time permitting.

xx,

~L~

Shirley said...

How beautiful, she will keep this forever! Stunning!

coops said...

wow this is stunning barbara.so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous, beautiful cardbox Barbara.
luv
Debby

Sue B said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Barbara. Love the colours and the image is adorable. Love the glittery 30 and the flowers! Perfect card!

Hugs Sue xx

June Nelson said...

Wow Barbara this is gorgeous, so detailed, its beautiful your so clever. Hope your keeping well Huggies June xxxx

melsanford said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful!!!! Love the gorgeous Tilda :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Wow! This is beautiful xx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Barbara & more of a present than a card!
Hugs
Tracey
x