Sunday 26 June 2011

Cinderella and Captain America


Hello my lovelies, hope you are all well and had a fab weekend, the weather has been gorgeous today, so hot, hope it lasts, its about time the sun made an appearance!

Well its our youngest daughter Katie's 30th birthday today ...... OMG where did those years go!!!  She had a big celebration party last night which was fancy dress and the theme was Disney or film..... she had to be Cinderella....... naturally!! and this is the dress I made for her.  I am quite pleased with the end result, I had a few nail biting moments with it I can tell you!  I havent done any dressmaking for years, when the girls were little I made all their little dresses and fancy dress outfits for school and the last dressmaking session I had was 13 years ago when my daughter Alison was married and she had 9 bridesmaids!!  So when Katie asked me to make this one I thought it would be a doddle...... how wrong was I !!!  The dress material is satin and the sleeves and 'puffs' are a chiffon type material, well it was slipping and sliding all over the place!!  Then I had a problem with the measurements and couldn't get the bodice to sit right...... however after a few nips and tucks it was ready to attach the skirt, no probs there until I came to attach the zip and discovered I didnt have a zipper foot for my machine...... arrgh!!!  Anyway, I managed to finish it on time and Katie was very pleased with it and everyone at the party was very impressed with it, so I was happy and secretly very proud of myself!!  The photo is Katie with her hubby Gaz.... aka Captain America!!  A good time was had by all with some fab outfits, everyone made a real effort to make Katies birthday a huge success.

I have made a very special card for Katie's birthday but with all the hustle and bustle of the celebrations I didnt get chance to take any photos of it ........... duhh, bird brain I am!!  So I shall take some photos tomorrow hopefully and post as soon as I can.

       xxxxxx

4 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

Is there no end to your talents?!? The dress looks fab!! (And blimey your daughter looks like you!!!) Hugs, Marie xx

Shirley said...

Who could resist this couple. You are indeed talented and she is beautiful. That must be her Captain Marvel with her! Well done!!

tilly said...

a gorgeous dress,what a nightmare sewing satin lol, I used to make all our clothes when the children were small, matching Mum and daughter dresses and little crimpelene suits for my son, those were the days lol.... well done you
Tilly

My'scardcorner said...

Dress looks fab and lovely pic of your daughter and SIl bet the party was a big hit.
Myrax